Thanks for visiting Say What Y’all. I’m excited to use this space to share therapy ideas, materials, lesson plans, anecdotes, and whatever else suits my fancy.
My name is Haley Villines. I am married to a band director. We have a son in kindergarten and a daughter who is two. We attend a United Methodist Church and love our Arkansas Razorbacks! (Woo Pig Sooie!) I enjoy writing, reading, scrapbooking, amateur photography, and Zumba.
- 1998 – BSE in Communication Disorders, University of Arkansas
- 2000 – MS in Speech-Language Pathology, University of Central Arkansas
- 2006 – Education Specialist in Educational Leadership, Webster University
- Aug 2000- May 2002 – Middle School SLP – Rogers, AR
- June 2002 – December 2002 – Private Clinic SLP – St. Louis, MO
- December 2002 – May 2007 – Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Speech-Language Diagnostician – St. Louis County, MO
- August 2007 – May 2008 – ECSE Itinerant SLP – Bentonville, AR
- August 2008 – Present - Elementary School SLP - Rogers, AR
Right now, I’m in a K-5 elementary school. Approximately half of my caseload is made up of two self-contained classes that are primarily for students with Autism. The remaining half consists of general speech and language disorders and few other needs thrown in for good measure. I really enjoy working with families to help them understand their child’s needs and what they can do to help them.
The fine print:
- The views, opinions and ideas on this blog are solely my own (or credited appropriately) and do not represent my employer or any organization.
- Reading a blog should never take the place of seeing a professional speech-language pathologist if you have concerns for your communication skills or those of someone you know.
- You’re absolutely welcome to use the materials that you find here (that’s why they are here!), but it’s only right to give credit where credit is due.
I’d love to hear from readers! Feel free to leave a comment on any post, contact me via the SWY Facebook page or e-mail me at haleyvillines (at) gmail-dot-com (pesky spambots!).